Contest Results with Chip Kemp and Bailey Abell
Click on the buttons at the bottom of the lists to view each year's webinars.
2020 - 2021 Archive
- April 2021 SPC Webinar
- Dr. Rachel Endecott discusses feedlot nutrition.
- March 2021 SPC Webinar
- Dr. Sexten discusses feedlot economics.
- February 2021 SPC Webinar
- Dr. Brian Vander Ley joins us this month to discuss feedlot health from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Great Plains Veterinary Educational Center.
- January 2021 SPC Webinar
- Animal Breeding 101, with Jackie Atkins, Ph.D.
- December 2020 SPC Webinar
- An overview of the feedlot and the genetic parameters. Chip Kemp discusses the incoming data from your calves. We will also be going over the Feeder Profit Calculator and looking at predictive measurements for your calves with Chip Kemp.
- April 2019 - Carcass Grading Basics with Lane Giess
- March 2019 - Identifying, Managing, and Marketing of the Feedlot Calf
- February 2019 -
- January 2019 - Drs. Wade Shafer and Jackie Atkins discuss animal breeding and genetics.
- December 2018 - This month's webinar features an update about your calves, a discussion about their initial value as they arrived at the feedlot, and an overview of the Feeder Profit
- Calculator and how that tool can help predict your calves' value at the end of the feedlot phase.
- November 2019 - DNA testing overview
- 2018 Steer Profitability Competition (SPC) Informational Webinars
- June 5, 2018: SPC Overview and Wrap up with Chip Kemp
- May 1, 2018: The process in the packing plant and the basics of quality and yield grading
- April 3, 2018: The Profit Picture Understanding Feedlot and Carcass Data
- March 6, 2018: Delivery to Harvest, Decisions, and Management with Trevor Tuell, Diamond V. Steer Profitability Competition Webinar.
- February 6, 2018: Data Drive by the Numbers with Rachel Endecott PhD., American Simmental Association: What can we learn from the data collected at the feedyard during the SPC project? Intake, average daily gain, feed gain? Absolutely. But what else? Dr. Rachel Endecott, ASA Director of Youth Development and Special Projects, will lead a discussion about just what else we can find in that set of data.
- January 2, 2018 Webinar: Drs. Jackie Atkins and Wade Shafer discuss Genetics and Animal Breeding.
- December 5, 2017 Webinar: Dr. Brandi Karisch, Assistant Extension/Research Professor at Mississippi State University, Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences, discusses Feeder Calf Health.
- November 7, 2017 Webinar: Overview and update from the feedlot facilities, University of Missouri Beef Research & Teaching Farm, Columbia, MO, DNA Testing, and National Classic and SPC integration announcement.